Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Leather Alliance Weekend and Mr SF Leather Contest 2014

So, it's July.  Why am I reporting on an event that happened at the beginning of March?  Apparently, I have been too busy to write about my activities. To those of you who have been waiting for my posts, my sincere apologies.  I am making a big effort to get caught up, so let's see how that goes.

Feb 28 through Mar 2 was the SF Bay Area Leather Alliance weekend. On Friday we had a meet and greet at Mr. S Leather followed by a roast of outgoing Mr SF Leather Andy Cross at the BeatBox. Here I am at the meet and greet with my fellow judges, contest staff and contestants.


... and here I am at the BeatBox with some other leatherwomen (left to right: Rio Spooner, co-coordinator of The Exiles; me; my wife Marilyn; and Beth Bicoastal, my first runner-up. Thanks to Rich Stadtmiller for the great pictures!

Saturday was a busy day with interviews during the afternoon and the contest in the evening. There were five contestants: Scott "Big Red" Farrell representing Legion of Sin MC; Gage Fisher, Mr. Eagle SF; Jay Hall, Mr. SF Sober Leather; Stephan Ferris, Mr. Edge; Nile Eckhoff, Mr. Daddy's Barbershop; and Will Victoria, Mr. Powerhouse. Here is a great photo that was taken backstage by Desmond Perrotto.

Each of the contestants had a lot to offer and I am sure would have represented the title and the Bay Area kink community well, each in his own way.  But there can only be one winner. Big Red was declared the new Mr. SF Leather, and Gage was first runner-up.  Congratulations to all the contestants! Here I am with my new sash husband.


On Sunday, there was an awards brunch, where many awards were given out for the best events of the year and to honor community member achievements.  We honored two community members who had passed too soon by giving them posthumous lifetime achievement awards, and we honored the living with "man and woman of the year" and other awards.  See the Leather Alliance website for more details.

I promise to blog more very soon. Remember to subscribe to get the updates as soon as I post them. And please send feedback! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment