Friday, January 30, 2015

Title activities report - September 2014

September was a busy month. My step-aside looming, I was determined to get as much out of my last month in the title as possible. I began to realize I would miss my sash. I even slept in it for a few nights....

But I am getting ahead of myself.

  • September 7. I had a photo shoot with Morgan from nakedeyephotography.com. I wanted more pictures of myself in the aforementioned sash, and Morgan took some great ones. Here's one of my favorites.
  • September 12-14. I went with my wife Marilyn to Seattle, for the 25th anniversary of some good friends of ours. The party was fantastic, and we got to celebrate with our friends, meet new people, and reconnect with folks we hadn't seen for ages. We got dressed up and took selfies. And in between the chatting and eating and drinking, we made an appearance at the Cuff for a puppy event. Look at this adorable dog!

  •  September 16. I went to Joe's Barbershop to get my hair cut, as I do every six weeks or so. Joe's just celebrated its tenth anniversary. My barber, and the proprietor, Joe Gallagher, is a really great guy, and also happens to be International Mr. Leather 1996. He has given me some useful advice, as well as making me look good. Thanks, Joe!
  • September 18. Folsom Street Fair weekend is upon us! It may be only Thursday but that never stopped anyone from throwing a fabulous event. We got to see a lot of SD Holman's photos from the book Butch: Not Like the Other Girls, at a book launch party. Thanks to the Austin Law Group for hosting these beautiful pictures - and the party.
  • September 19. I attended and demoed at The Exiles' meet and greet. In the past we had held our meet and greets for people other than men (our usual demographic), or all women and transpeople, a bit more inclusive. This time we threw caution to the winds and included everyone. Hurrah! Some great guys showed up. The demos were off the hook. Mine was a blast, for sure. Sorry for lack of pictures, but this is a work safe blog. Then I went along to the Queer Leather Happy Hour's 5-year anniversary event at the Armory club. Packed! Amazing crowd of great people. I couldn't stay long because I had a long day on Saturday ...
  • September 20. Joined the Golden Gate Guards for their annual Leather Cruise on the bay. Hung out with my wife, my contest producers, and lots of hot leathermen. Then we went to a great party at Alchemy. I didn't have particular plans when I arrived, and ended up involved in some impromptu hijinks. Then I went home to bed because I had a long day on Sunday ...
  • September 21. The day of the big fair! We started out going to Donna Sachet's famous annual brunch. It was fabulous. Many titleholders and scene celebrities from near and far were in attendance.Here's my favorite iphone picture from the event.
    You can see a lot more pictures from this event at Richtrove.com. Rich Stadtmiller takes tons of great pictures of our community, and his pictures from many, many community events can be found on his site.He is doing a great service to the community. Thanks Rich! 
  • Still not even noon yet... After the brunch, we went to the fair. Along with Scott BigRed Farrell, Mr. San Francisco Leather 2014, I got to announce all the titleholders on the main stage. It was awesome fun, and I found out that someone videoed the whole thing and put it on YouTube! Which means you can watch it here if you like.
  • Then it was the whole afternoon at the fair. We had a Mama's Family photo by Rich Stadtmiller,
    and I stopped in to Mark Chester's studio for a quick snap in the sash.
    pic: Mark Chester
    That evening I went to the Crave! event at the SF Citadel. And some very interesting things transpired. But that, dear reader, is a whole other tale best saved for another time.
  • September 22. I completed the work on my new tattoo. Here is a front view of it. I love it! Suzanne at Modern Electric Studio is a genius.
My title year was almost complete. I did some fun stuff in those last few days. I'll post about it soon. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment