Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Title activities report - August 2014

I can't believe it's already a new year. I got so very behind on my blog! I'm afraid I was too busy having an absolutely amazing time to tell you about it. I apologize for the delay. Without further ado, here's another episode of my adventures.

  • August 2. With my wife Marilyn, I attended the Santa Clara County Leather Association formal leather/uniform dinner. SCCLA is a social and educational leather club serving the San Jose and South Bay area. This was a well-attended and fun evening, with good food, entertainment and a silent auction. It was lovely to see many of the Golden Gate Guards in attendance in their beautiful uniforms. We got to feel virtuous while enjoying ourselves too, because the event was a fundraiser to benefit the St Jude Children's Research Hospital
  • August 3. First of three tattoo sessions with Suzanne Shifflett at Modern Electric Studio. Suzanne has done some amazing work on me. This was just the first session. It looks great here, but wait until you see the shading and color! Keep reading and I will show you more.
  • August 8-9. I attended the Oregon State Leather contest, produced in Portland, OR by Blackout Leather Productions. I had already planned to go, to attend the step-downs of Mr Oregon State Leather 2013 Bill, Ms Oregon State Leather 2013 Stormy, and Oregon State Bootblack 2013 (also International Ms Bootblack) Dara, but then I was fortunate to be selected to serve as one of the judges for the 2014 contest. I had a great weekend. It was a lot of fun judging alongside Mr. LA Leather 2014 Eric Paul Leue, our head judge American Leatherman 2013 Aaron Duke, and the three outgoing titleholders.
    There were no contestants for the Bootblack contest this year, but we had excellent contestants for Mr. and Ms. Oregon State Leather. I am sure the 2014 titleholders, Mr. Sir Steven and Shawna, will do a great job representing Oregon State, Blackout Leather Productions, and their local community.
    I was graciously hosted by my new friend Norah, who was my glamorous date for the contest, 
    afterward took me to a really fun party, about which I shall say no more (it's a bit like Vegas: what happens there ... stays there), and later taught me a useful new skill. After which, we went geocaching!
  • August 22. I had my second tattoo session with Suzanne. We got most of the shading done.
  • August 23. Attended and co-hosted the joint Ms SF Leather / Exiles beer bust at the SF Eagle,which was an amazing success, in great part thanks to a big turnout from the men's leather community,
    and then went on to the Mr. and Ms. Alameda County Leather cont
    est. The Alameda County Leather Corps (ACLC) is a a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization serving the East Bay community. Their stated primary mission is to provide education, fund-raising and fellowship. I have seen the new titleholders, Mr. Alameda County Leather Al Parso and Ms. Alameda County Leather Luna Bear, all over the Bay Area, so I know they are doing a good job of visibly representing their club and community.
  • Labor Day weekend. The month ended with a bang! With my wife Marilyn, I attended Camp Queer, a long weekend summer-camp-style kinky mountain playground in the hills above Guerneville on the Russian River. Perfect weather, full board accommodation, clothing optional pool, indoor and outdoor play space, and a great variety of lovely people attending. It was so fun! This was not a "sash function" for me by any means, but I did want to give the organizers a shout out here. It was so fun!
August was indeed a busy and fun month. My blog entry for September will include some pictures from the fantastic time I had the whole weekend of Folsom Street Fair. I'll get to that soon... I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment