Monday, September 22, 2014

Title activities report - July 2014, including Dore Alley

Well, June was a whirlwind! In comparison, July seems quite a bit quieter. I still got up to lots of fun, I promise. Here's what I did...
  • July 11. I was recently elected to the board of my synagogue. Our board president, who also does the synagogue's website, asked me for a short bio and a picture to post. I included "holds the title of Ms San Francisco Leather 2013" as the last phrase in the bio. I told the synagogue's web manager that if he wanted to remove that last phrase, I wouldn't mind. The answer came back: "We are proud of our leather queens at B'nai Emunah!" Now you all see one reason why I am so glad to be part of this congregation, who accept me for who I am. See the bio here. (Or just look at the cute pic I submitted! Grin.)
  • July 12. I went to Black Saturday at the Powerhouse with my sash husband Scott "Big Red" Farrell. This was the last time I would be able to attend this monthly event during my title year, because for the Black Saturdays in August and September I was already committed to events out of town (to be reported on in future postings). Since it was going to be my last time at Black Saturday with Big Red, I managed to convince my sash husband to flog me as a demo. Here's a great picture of Mr. San Francisco Leather beating his (sash) wife! 
  • July 18-20. HOWL! This is the annual campout for the Bad Girls of Portland. I went up with my buddy Ray. It's a long drive from the bay area to Sandy, OR, especially when the radiator goes out near Medford, OR. On the plus side, Medford has car repair shops and car rental outlets, the car was not going to be too hard to fix, and we made it to the campsite only a few hours behind schedule on Friday evening. Once there, I had the most fabulous time with great hospitality, the fire pit, food, company, and three play dates in one day. It rained a bit - it's Oregon! - but nothing that could spoil our fun. No photos from this event, sorry - what happens at HOWL must stay at HOWL! I  hope I can go back next year. This event was awesome, and I can't say enough about the warm welcome I received from this kickass club!
  • July 21. WESCO boots! My friend Melissa took me to the West Coast Shoe Company (Wesco) factory store, and helped me pick out some great custom boots. Now I only have to wait for them! They *might* be ready in time for my step-down in October. Let's hope - fingers crossed! Once I get them, I'll post a picture here...
  • July 26. Ravage! party at Alchemy. This is a new series of parties that I have so far really enjoyed. My thanks to the party hosts - and to the venue for providing such a welcoming and well-equipped space.
  • July 27. Dore Alley street fair. I really enjoyed Dore Alley this year. I bought something from the Frugal Domme, said hi to the fabulous bootblacks, spun the wheel of fortune at the TASHRA booth, and ended up at the Center for Sex and Culture for the end of the exhibition of Daddy Alan Selby memorabilia. Here's a picture of me with my predecessor Nerine Mechanique, and one with other friends at the fair.


To summarize... July went by really quickly, and makes for a rather short blog post. Thanks for reading it. And please check back soon for my report on August!




No comments:

Post a Comment